July 16, 2012

Made It Monday!


Made-It #1: So one of my summer DIY pins was to make these awesome pin-spired Day of the Dead planters. I always seem to have the worst luck when it comes to growing plants and the crafty diva who originally shared this tutorial used succulents.  Perfect, I thought to myself!  How hard can it be to kill a drought hardy plant? So a trip to Joann's & Wal-mart's garden section later and I had everything I needed to get my craftin' on. Just potted the plants this morning and these new babies will be chilling in my backyard until school starts up again. I love how they all have their own unique personalities - but I think the mohawk guy is my favorite! Meanwhile, I'll be crossing my fingers that I don't kill them before then:

So there  you have it, it's my Made It of the week.  Link up your creations or just become inspired with 4th Grade Frolics:









In back-to-school shopping news, I just went to OfficeMax & swiped 10 packs of yellow Sharpie highlighters for $1 per pack - meaning 40 highlighters (a class set with a few extra) to last thru the year :) I'm so happy because I teach test-taking strategies with these puppies all year long, and the kids learn to "jail the detail" and not to go "highlighter happy" on their pages!  Also, something you should know about OfficeMax is if you're a teacher with their MaxPerks card you can automatically double the limit printed on their couponed items (like their 12 ct permanent Sharpies last week) and limits on other items don't apply according to the checkout gal I had today! Yay for teacher-advantage shopping perks!

Made-It #2: Well I also ended up making some cute craftivities to go along with my life cycle units.  All you'll need is a paper plate, paint or markers, gluestick, scissors, and colored pencils.  Whipped 'em out while watching The Bachelorette: The Men Tell All special - I think she loves Arie more cuz she's so attracted to him (I personally don't think he's cute at all) but in the end I predict she will choose Jef because he will be the better dad & family guy.


REMINDER: If you haven't entered my first-ever giveaway, time is a ticking.  The lucky winner will be the brand new owner of a spectacular sunflower life cycle unit! Click on the image below:


11 comments:

  1. I haven't gone to officemax yet, but it's on my list of go to places this week! Thanks for sharing!
    Maribel

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for the Office Max info! I didn't know about that...:) Love your planters too.....they look great!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I LOVE these! How awesome will these look in your classroom?!? I also cannot keep plant alive....a Day of the Dead planter might be very appropriate for me! LOL

    Primary Inspired

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love your blog and I have decided to nominate you for the Liebster Blog Award! This is a special award for blogs with less than 200 followers! Be sure to visit me at keepcalmandimagine.blogspot.com to pick up your award! Vicky

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for the award, I'm honored that you chose me :)

      Delete
  5. I love all of your life cycle activities...cuteness X 1,000! =)


    Heather
    Heather's Heart

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love your pots so fun, I am going to have to check out this pin. Thanks for sharing.

    Jill
    Bubbalulu.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  7. Your pots are super creative! I have lots of succulents and they do great:) Love them! Your life cycle posters are great!! Thanks for linking up:)

    4th Grade Frolics

    ReplyDelete
  8. Do you have your life cycles craftivities on sale at teachers pay teachers? I have tried finding them, but I can't. Thanks :-)

    ReplyDelete